"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." -Mark Twain

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Short and Sweet

So I'm not gonna lie, today was mostly boring.  I started out by sleeping until 11:30 again.  Then I did some random stuff in the morning.  I guess one of the more interesting things was, I did laundry.  "Jeremy, why the hell would laundry ever be interesting", you ask.  AhHAH!  Lemme tell you... so our apt doesn't have a dryer (most of Jordan is with us on that).  So I hung my clothes out to dry outside our balcony in clothespins.  Oh yeah, I felt totally legit.  However, today was really dusty and kinda really smoggy, so between that and my lack of showering I've resigned myself to smelling not-so-good this summer.  But that's OK... it's not like I'm trying to pick up Jordanian chicks or anything.  The other thing that was fun was tonight, when our neighbor's/Jordanian brothers Ahmad and Mahmoud came over, mostly to use Facebook, but also to hang out.  I've bi-literally seen them every day since I've arrived, and I love it.  I'm sad to leave tomorrow but even then I'll still see them on weekends when I come back into Amman for church.  Yup, you heard me right, I'm finally (inshah allah=hopefully) headed out tomorrow.  I'm excited to see what I'll be doing, and to get into a semi-routine.

So, like I said, not a lot to say today, other than I'm doing great and I love y'all!

يرمي

No comments:

Post a Comment