So first off, allow me to apologize for my whininess in my last blog. Being an incredible mature sick person has never been a strong suit of mine... particularly in developing countries. So, after my negative sickyness, I am very happy to report that I'm back in Amman for the weekend. Yesterday K&C and I got ourselves incredibly psyched about vacationing to Amman for the weekend (they're actually going to Jerusalem, but I'm too jealous to talk about that). We got all packed up, met at my apt, and then went to a shopkeeper friend of ours to ask him about the bus. As luck would have it, yesterday was a national holiday, and the busses weren't running. But after finally preparing ourselves to go, there was no way we were going to stay put for another day. Our friend told us that we could get a taxi from there to Amman for 25 JD, which is about 30 bucks, and we decided that is was WAY worth it. The "taxi" ended up being him calling his brother with the chance to make a few bucks, but that totally works for me! I got back, and then me and two of my roommates ordered pizza. It was amazing. It tasted like home. [I will now take a moment for you to tease me, since just last week I was morally opposed to eating US food... oops!] But wait! There's more! We then watched an American [pirated] movie: Cloverfield! It just felt good to chillax for the night. After the movie, my body let me know that eating an entire Hawaiian pizza the day after I was sick was not such a fantastic idea. The worst part was the soreness in my shoulder muscles, which kept me awake until 6am.
So... I ended up sleeping in today until 1:30. It felt very good, and I felt a lot better. I headed into the old city for a bit, and then all us BYU folk met up for a Jordanian dinner. Afterward we just hung out and chilled for a while. It was so sweet to just relax and hang out together. Afterwards we headed out into the city for a while. We met up with some local friends that Skye and Austin made; we went to a place that's amazing and yet indescribable called Fruit Salad. It's kind of like a combination of Jamba Juice and Fenton's Creamery. I ordered a Royale fruit salad with ice cream. It was AMAZUZUZING!!!
Tomorrow we're heading off for a hiking trip. It'll be 2 days, with us staying in a hotel overnight. Tell ya about it in a bit!
يرمي
So... I ended up sleeping in today until 1:30. It felt very good, and I felt a lot better. I headed into the old city for a bit, and then all us BYU folk met up for a Jordanian dinner. Afterward we just hung out and chilled for a while. It was so sweet to just relax and hang out together. Afterwards we headed out into the city for a while. We met up with some local friends that Skye and Austin made; we went to a place that's amazing and yet indescribable called Fruit Salad. It's kind of like a combination of Jamba Juice and Fenton's Creamery. I ordered a Royale fruit salad with ice cream. It was AMAZUZUZING!!!
Tomorrow we're heading off for a hiking trip. It'll be 2 days, with us staying in a hotel overnight. Tell ya about it in a bit!
يرمي
No comments:
Post a Comment