So today I realized that for the past little bit (a few days, perhaps) I’ve been way grumpy. Then I started to realize that everyone was acting grumpy! Today a comment made by a dear friend made it click. Opposition is working on us as a group. In the past four months, we have experienced amazing things both individually and as a group. This is the closest thing to Zion that I have experienced thus far. I have changed and become better, closer to my Savior, and more aware of the man He would have me become. How sad would it be if I lived my final two weeks as a grump, tainting the memory of this entire experience?! And so it hit me: that’s EXACTLY what the adversary is trying to do. So, here’s the game plan to have an amazing last two weeks: I will read my scriptures every day with the intent of having a personal spiritual experience. I will talk about the insights I receive with others, sharing my testimony with them and allowing them to share theirs with me. When I am tempted to think negatively, I will change my attitude and look for the positive! I am so grateful to be here!!!
Tonight we performed a concert for the community, attended by mostly Palestinians. It was quite a success! We sang four numbers from “The Messiah”, one of which I was asked to conduct! I also sang in two other numbers: a duet of “Our Saviors Love” and a sextet of “Sing Me to Heaven”. My favorite performance of the night was most definitely an arrangement of “If You Could Hie to Kolob” with a piano, violin, and flute. It was GORGEOUS!!! For the closing number, the choir sang “Thou Gracious God, Whose Mercy Lends”. It was a divine experience. Never had we performed that song so well. I truly believe that we were able to perform that piece by the Spirit, to touch the hearts of those in attendance. As the audience members left the center, we formed little singing groups and serenaded them on their way out. Many were visibly touched by the Spirit. I’m grateful for the chance to indirectly share my testimony in a land where we aren’t allowed to share our beliefs and knowledge openly.
Sunday we sang "If You Could Hie to Kolob" and after the usual stanza's I started to put my book down but the chorister went on to the extra verses and whoa the spirit lit up the room. That is an amazing song. Jeremy thank you for posting your blog. I am enjoying reading about it and I hope one of my grandsons or granddaughter may one day have that experience. Sharon Anderson
ReplyDeleteI just read your blog. I was wondering if you know the arrangement used for the hymn "If you Could Hie to Kolob?" I would love to have a violin and flute version of it.
ReplyDeleteSally