"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." -Mark Twain
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
And the decision is...
So I mentioned in my Jordan post that I was considering studying Arabic instread of Spanish. Well, I've thought and prayed about it a lot, and I've decided to add an Arabic minor to my schooling. Miraculously, it won't delay my graduation at all. I'll start this fall in 101, and by summer of 2012 I'll be doing a semester abroad in Jordan! (yes it'll be HOT!!!) I'm a bit anxious as to what is in store for me as an Arabic speaker in the church, but alongside that anxiety is a ridiculous amount of excitement. I can't wait to be a part, even a small part, of the work to bring the gospel to these wonderful people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment