"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime." -Mark Twain
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Mmmmm Mmmmm Good!!!
Today was a more low-key day. Had 3 classes, including our first Modern Near East Class, taught by a Palestinian Christian, which goes over the Palestinian point of view and history of the current conflict. Very interesting!!! We also had a bit of free time today, so we went out into the city for a couple of hours. I'd been dying to try some of the pastries in the streets, and today I got my chance. None of them were bad, a few were OK, but one of them (I have no idea what it's called) was AMAZING!!! It was this sweet cheese with some nuts and spices, breaded and covered with a greenish cream sauce. MMMMM!!!!!!! Along those lines, the food here in the center is waaaay good (I just had curry for dinner... jealous Lauren? haha) I've made a rule for myself that I can't take seconds, I have to eat the vegetables, and I only get dessert on Saturdays (the Sabbath) or if it looks REALLY good. I'm also exercising in the mornings, plus just walking to anywhere from the center is like the stairstepper from down under. So... hopefully I'll return to you skinny! Anyhoo... that's my random note for the day. Everyone have a fantastic day!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment